Thermomix Lamingtons Recipe
- 50 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 120 g white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 120 g self-raising flour
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 160 g full cream milk
- 500 g icing sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder
- Desiccated coconut or shredded coconut, for coating
- Baking paper
- Square cake tin (20cm)
- Wire rack
- Backing tray and paper
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and line a square cake tin (20 cm) and set aside.
- Place white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 10.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add eggs and beat 7 min/50°C/speed 3.
- Add unsalted butter and natural vanilla extract and combine 5 sec/speed 4. Remove butterfly whisk. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add self-raising flour and mix 10 sec/speed 3.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes (190°C) until golden and springy to the touch. Allow to cool in tin 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Once cooled, place into freezer for 30 minutes before icing.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place unsalted butter and full cream milk into mixing bowl and heat 2 min/80°C/speed 2.
- Add icing sugar and cocoa powder and mix 20-25 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Trim off the rounded sides of sponge and cut into 12 equal-sized cubes.
- Scatter coconut over prepared baking tray and pour icing into a deep bowl. Using tongs, place each piece of sponge into icing and coat liberally. Place iced sponge onto baking tray with coconut and push coconut up onto all sides to coat. Transfer to serving tray and repeat with remaining sponge pieces, topping up coconut if needed.
- Place into refrigerator for 30 minutes and allow icing to set prior to serving.