40g salted butter
2 onions, chopped
750g parsnips, peeled and chopped
2 green apples, peeled, cored and chopped
4 cups chicken stock
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup cream
4 slices of prosciutto
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the parsnip, onion, and apple. Cook for around 5 minutes, until softened – stir regularly.
2. Add the chicken stock and bay leaves to the saucepan, and 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil. Once the soup has started to boil, turn down to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes until the parsnips are tender. Remove the bay leaves from the saucepan.
3. Puree the soup until smooth. Stir in the cream, and season. Bring back up to a simmer.
4. Cook the prosciutto until crisp. You can do this in a frying pan, or in the microwave on paper towel.
5. Place the soup into bowls, and serve topped with cooked prosciutto and chopped chives.