Banana & Caramel Hot Cross Bun Cheesecake Recipe
3 cups Digestive Biscuit crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
180g Woolworths butter, melted
4 x 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
1/2 cup Woolworths full fat sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 Woolworths large free-range eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
3 teaspoons caster sugar
Woolworths Banana and Caramel Hot Cross Buns, sliced
1 large banana, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 240ºC. Place a few cups of water into a large baking dish, so that it’s filled with about 2cm of water. Put into the oven while you make the cheesecake.
- In a large bowl combine the biscuit crumbs, butter and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Line a springform tin base with baking paper, and then place the crust inside. Use your hand to press the crust into the bottom and sides of the tin. Place into the freezer while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, place all of the filling ingredients, and use electric beaters to beat until combined and smooth. Pour the filling into the tin, over the prepared crust.
- Wrap the sides of the tin with foil, so that no water creeps into the cheesecake. Place the tin into the baking dish in the oven. Bake for 12 minutes, and then turn the oven down to 180ºC and cook for 1 hour. Once cooked, remove from oven and water bath and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients. Stir to combine, and then spread over the cheesecake. Cover the cheesecake and place into the fridge for 5 hours.
- Before serving, top with hot cross buns, banana and drizzles of caramel sauce. The hot cross buns are perfect untoasted, but if you want to warm them up you can put them in the oven briefly.