Tell me if I’m wrong, but aren’t we just simple creatures at heart? We want what we want, and on cool nights what we want is a delicious warm, fudgy chocolatte pudding served smothered in vanilla ice cream.
You feel me?
And if that fudgy chocolate pudding has a crunchy topping that almost cracks when you dip your spoon in, well that’s just magic. That is what this pudding does. Perfectly crunchy and gooey at the same time.
While I like making this as one big pudding that the family takes servings from, you can absolutely make this into four individual ramekins so that everyone has their own to dig into.
Gooey, Fudgy Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Fudgy Chocolate Pudding Variations:
To make a triple chocolate version, add in chunks of white chocolate and milk chocolate. A block of Cadbury’s Top Deck chocolate broken up and add into the batter makes a great variation on this pudding.
For a fruit take, add in tinned pears into the batter to make a chocolate and pear version, perfect with pouring cream.
Love chocolate? Add in chocolate chips into the mix to up the chocolate factor. Dark chocolate works well, because it has all the quality without too much sweetness.
Create a coconut rough style pudding by add in 1/2 cup of moist coconut flakes into the mix.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Boil your kettle in preparation to make the sauce. Lightly grease a medium baking dish with butter.
2. In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Mix to combine. Add in the melted butter, milk and vanilla and whisk to combine and make as smooth as possible.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients – just the sugars and cocoa. Do not add the boiling water. Mix together and sprinkle evenly over the unbaked pudding. Gently pour over the boiling water. Don’t mix it. Just let it sit as it is, it will do it’s magic as it bakes.
5. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until it’s crunchy on the outside and the centre is still a bit wobbly. Serve with vanilla ice cream.