Oh man, how delicious is banana cake? It could be considered a banana bread to be honest, because it’s less crumbly and can easily be toasted. This stove-top version is awesome because you don’t need to beat anything, you just melt it, mix it and bake it.
And then of course, eat it!
Easy Stove-Top Banana Cake Recipe
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 cup full cream milk
- Preheat your oven to 170ºC and line a cake tin with baking paper. A loaf tin works well.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla into a medium-sized saucepan and cook over medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add the mashed banana and stir through until combined. Add the egg and mix.
- Add in the flour, and milk and mix until just combined.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.