It’s salad season, baby! And this recipe is a banger. This curried egg salad almost feels like it’s not a salad, it’s filling, wholesome, full of flavour and simply delicious. I guarantee if you pop this on the table, it will get eaten up in a hurry!
We ate this so much over summer, and it was so easy to whip up. Who knew we could grate egg? Game changer.
I found this recipe in one of my old Women’s Weekly cookbooks and tweaked it a little. You could do the same; add cherry tomatoes, or don’t. Iceberg lettuce works really well. And if you have any left over, pop it onto a bread roll and call it lunch the next day. Best. Salad. Ever.
Curried Egg Salad Recipe
- Make it grate. If you don’t have a grater on hand, don’t stress. You can easily just chop the eggs instead.
- Boil the eggs ahead of time. It’s easier to grate a cool egg, rather than a just boiled egg – so boil them ahead of time.
- Older eggs are easier to peel. Like, not old, old. Just not super fresh. Fresh eggs are more time consuming to peel, not sure why, and week old eggs are much easier to peel.
- Swap lettuce for rocket. If you like a more peppery leaf, try swapping rocket out for lettuce. It’s a fave for me.
- Not a fan of curry? Don’t worry. You can leave out the curry powder, and lemon, and have a simpler salad. It’s even nice with Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise to change things up.
- For a finer salad, dice the red onion. Alternatively you can use spring onion as an alternative to onion. Chives work really well too.
- Make for later. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Want more deliciously easy recipes? Browse through hundreds of my tried and tested recipes, or take a look at my free recipe eBook filled with budget-friendly dinner ideas. You can also keep up-to-date by following along on Instagram or Facebook.Print