You know you’re a 90’s kid, when…
Brought to you in partnership with Under The Southern Stars.
Remember the *cough* olden days? OK, I kid, it’s not the olden days, but I’m sure our kids think it is! Wasn’t the 90s great. Life was care-free, all we cared about was music, Supre and who was having the next party.
Let’s take a walk down memory lane for a moment…
1. This is where you kept all your important dates. Like homework. More homework. Parties. And those boys you had crushes on.
2. You remember the good old days when $2 bought you a sh*tload of mixed lollies or hot chips.
3. This is the only weather guy you knew, and the only one that mattered. All hail Tim Bailey.
4. This song was YOUR song.
5. And you wound down the windows and screamed at the top of your lungs, “I ALONE LOVE YOU!”
6. Your hair was not OK without these butterfly clips.
7. And you lived for the zig zag.
8. You killed your Tamagotchi, more than once.
9. Stone the flamin’ crows! Your evenings were spent watching your faves, Neighbours and Home and Away.
10. You spent your recess playing elastics, marbles or handball.
11. Your pocket money got dropped on BINS. Itty Bitty Bins.
12. You learned how your body works from a giraffe in a van.
Loved taking a little walk back through the 90s? Now you can dance your way back too. Your 90s faves are coming back, and touring Australia. LIVE, Bush and Stone Temple Pilots are coming in 2020.
You’ve probably been listening to bands sing covers of these favourites for years now, and now you can hear the real deal. Under The Southern Stars is bringing LIVE, Bush and Stone Temple Pilots to Australia, and joining them on #UTSS2020 tour will be Rose Tattoo and Electric Mary.
Here’s the upcoming dates:
Friday 3 April – Tuncurry Sporting Complex
Saturday 4 April – Parramatta Park, Sydney
Sunday 5 April – The Entertainment Grounds, Gosford
Thursday 9 April – Stuart Park, Wollongong
Saturday 11 April – Foreshore Reserve, Hastings
Sunday 12 April – Yarrawonga Showgrounds
Monday 13 April – Bonython Park, Adelaide
Wednesday 15 April – HBF Stadium, Perth
Friday 17 April – Sunshine Coast Stadium, Maroochydore
Saturday 18 April – Brisbane Riverstage
Sunday 19 April – Foreshore Park, Newcastle
And now, I am giving away 2 x VIP passes to one lucky, lucky person. The winner will receive VIP tickets to their nearest Under The Southern Stars 2020 event. The tickets are valued at $600 in total.
Note, there is no VIP in Perth. If you win and you’re from Perth, you will receive two standard tickets.
Ready to win? Simply leave a comment below answering this: What did you love most about the 90s, and why?
Boring bits: Competition open to Australian residents only. One entry per person per day. Winner must make their own way to the event and cover their own costs. This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part. Competition closes November 17th at 11:59pm AEDST.